If you’ve been keeping up with my recipes so far, you probably know by now that 1) I love breakfast, and 2) I love vegetables. Starting your day with both is such a great way to get yourself on the right track for a healthy day! These Eggffins (Egg Muffins ;)) are packed with vegetables that you will hardly even notice! Stick these between a whole grain English Muffin or my Homemade Bagels (Recipe: The ‘Macrofriendliest’ Bagels) and you’ve got yourself a hearty, balanced breakfast!
With 1 dozen eggs, I used half of the egg whites and half of the whole egg, half a sweet potato, a small zucchini, and a handful of greens, these came out to 12 servings and only 5g of protein, 2g of carbs, and 2.5g of fat per serving (that means it’s only about 50 calories each). So if you have a relatively inactive morning; driving to work, sitting behind a desk…a couple of these are a perfect way to start your day with some satiating proteins, filling and fiber-full carbohydrates from the vegetables, and healthy fats from the eggs to promote weightloss while keeping you feeling energized.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and remember to post and tag your creations on Instagram @danielletkearns. Thanks!
1 dozen eggs (6 whole eggs, 6 egg whites)
1 small zucchini, shredded (100g)
1/2 medium sweet potato, shredded (100g)
1/4c red onion
1c greens (any dark, leafy green variation/combo), chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl
- Shred the vegetables into the bowl and mix together
- Season with salt and pepper
- Scoop the contents of the bowl into a well greased muffin tin
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the egg cups are no longer liquid
- Let cool before removing from the pan, using a spoon to scoop around the edges and scoop the contents out works best!
3 thoughts on “Recipe: Eggffins”